No matter what kind of debt problems you are facing, it's important to get legal advice before making any decisions. For this reason, we offer a free initial consultation to answer your questions about debt relief and determine if filing bankruptcy is the right solution for you.
The following are examples of questions we commonly receive:
- Should both spouses file bankruptcy? Whether both spouses should file depends on how long you've been married and how many joint assets you have.
- When should I file for bankruptcy? It's important to get thorough advice and analysis before filing bankruptcy. The timing can make a big difference in which debts you can discharge and which assets you can protect.
- Can I file bankruptcy a second time? One of the myths that people have about bankruptcy is that you can only file once. While there are restrictions with regard to how often you can file a particular chapter of bankruptcy, there is no limit as to the number of times you can file bankruptcy.
- What bankruptcy mistakes should I avoid? There are certain mistakes, such as preferential payments and assets transfers, that can result in you being charged with bankruptcy fraud.
- What if I do nothing about my debts? Walking away from debts without discharging them through bankruptcy can have serious repercussions down the road.
For answers to your questions about bankruptcy, contact our law firm for a free initial consultation.
Discuss Bankruptcy With Lawyer Charles J. Schneider
To discuss your situation with a certified bankruptcy attorney, call 734-237-1523 or fill out the contact form on this website. We offer evening and weekend appointments. Our law office is conveniently located in Livonia, Michigan, and we serve clients throughout the Detroit metropolitan area.